Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Return

After some thought, I am going to try and bring back A Flair for God. I figured now is a good time, being a new year and all. Further, several things from my initial introductory post have been making headlines . . . at least in my world. First, Patrick Willis led the NFL in tackles as a rookie and continues to show why he is one of my two sports heroes (along with Albert Pujols). Next, the WWE is running a Flair retirement angle which is excellent. And, in the spring, my wife and I are going to see our first English soccer game hopefully to see the team Kasey Keller is on.

Maybe like the Nature Boy I have a little left in me.

Anyway, here is the original introduction to the blog which I think sets up the blog well, entitled "The Sum of Which is Pro Wrestling":

People always ask how I, an educated person who enjoys cultural activities and knowledge of the world, can possibly be such a fan of pro-wrestling. Simple. Outside of God and family, my three favorite loves are sports, acting and comedy. Add sports, acting and comedy together, and you get . . . pro wrestling.

I have always known the that outcome of wrestling was predetermined, even at a really young age. I am surprised that I did not get involved in reformed theology later in life. After all, I believe God in his sovreignty has already predetermined everything. And, as far as I know, pro wrestling matches are predetermined too.

So on behalf of:
The Nature Boy Ric Flair (Whooooooooo)
John Calvin
The Blackadder
P. Willie, and
Kasey Keller

Welcome to the ring. Jerry Calhoun is your referee. Ding, Ding!

No comments: