Thursday, February 07, 2008

From the Rubble




Here is my parent's house (and my childhood home) the morning after the tornado hit Jackson, TN. My mom was inside but thankfully was not even injured. The good news in
all of this, besides of course my mom being ok, is that most of our pictures and personal effects were salvaged – including heirloom china, etc. So many people are helping out it is amazing. They are much better off than so many other folks who lost their home just due to so many friends, etc . . . and hopefully good insurance!!

My dad’s company is setting them up in a house to live in while they figure out how to re-build, so that is good news and they have been given storage space to
store everything. So, they are being taken care of.

Good Morning America filmed their weather report in front of our “house” this morning, and interviewed the Mayor from our driveway. My mom has been on a couple
of regional interviews and I think even on national radio. I am still a little at a disadvantage being up here in the DC area, but it sounds like they are having plenty of help, so I will probably not try to make it to Jackson anytime in the immediate future. Rumors are that President Bush may come through the neighborhood at some point, but that may just be speculation right now.

More later . . .

1 comment:

PhotoReb said...

Geez man - I'm so sorry to hear that your family is having to go through this. But I know that you're relieved to know that it was only material things.

-Jason Baker